Error: "-30 printer not activated" followed by Error: "in_init. the device is not ready." After updating to windows 8.1
Modified on: Tue, 8 Jul, 2014 at 12:44 PM
- Error: "-30 printer not activated" followed by Error: "in_init. the device is not ready."
- This may also appear as a "-41 printer not activated" error.
- Messages are generated when attempting to print to PDF after updating to Windows 8.1.
First make sure that the following Registry Keys have Full Control, Modify, Read & execute, List folder contents, Read and Writer permissions. Special Permissions are not required:
HKEY_Current Config\Software\Sage 100 Contractor PDF Export
HKEY_Current Config\Software\Sage 100 Contractor RTF Export
Once permissions have been changed try to print to PDF again, if the issue persists move on to reinstalling the PDF print drivers (steps below)
Uninstall the Sage 100 Contractor PDF & RTF Exports:
On the taskbar, click Start, and then select Printers and Faxes.
Right-click the Sage 100 Contractor PDF Export and select Delete.
Repeat for the Sage 100 Contractor RTF Export.
Stop and restart the Print Spooler:
- Open Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.
- Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
- Right-click the Print Spooler and select Start.
Install the Sage 100 Contractor PDF & RTF Exports:
- Open C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Sage\Sage 100 Contractor
- Double-click pdfinstall.exe to install the Sage 100 Contractor PDF Export.
- Double-click rtfinstall.exe to install the Sage 100 Contractor RTF Export.
- Click Start and click on Devices and Printers
- Right click on the Sage 100 Contractor PDF Export printer and select Printer properties.
- On the Master Builder PDF Export Properties window click the Ports tab.
- In the column labeled Port, check the box labeled NUL:
- Click OK.
- If no NUL port exists, click Add port on the Ports tab.
- Select Local port
- Click New port
- Name it exactly as indicated below (with the colon):
- Click OK, click Close and click Close again.
- Repeat steps 1-5.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.