Solution or Workaround: Employee solutions for PSC 54
Refer to the first solution below for the employee steps related to the customer article "You do not have the Purchasing, Inventory, or Service Management applications" (KB172918). Refer to the second solution below for the employee steps related to the customer article "You have the Purchasing, Inventory, or Service Management applications" (KB205786).
Solution or Workaround: Employee solution for customers who own PO, IV, or SM
If a Pervasive Status Code 2 or 54 error message continues to appear after the customer runs File Doctor on all accounting and management files with the Fix and compact bad files check box selected, review the system log (Help > System Log) to determine whether there were any aborts. Ask the customer about any aborts or message that appeared before the Pervasive Status Code error. Document your findings in your call notes and ask the customer to send in the Ts.log and Pvsw.log files from the server.
A possible file fix may be performed for the client. This tool is not always successful; the client needs to be prepared that we may not be able to recover all records. If it is determined that a file fix cannot be performed for the PO/IV or SM data, the client will need to restore from a previous backup.
Please refer to section 6.2 in your Customer Support Procedures Guide for file fix steps and considerations.
Solution or Workaround: Employee solution for customers who do not own PO, IV, or SM
Pervasive Status Code 2 and 54 errors are critical and generally indicate a loss of customer data due to a network configuration or connectivity issue. If you have any questions while troubleshooting these errors, contact a manager or senior analyst. Customers may be unaware of the severity of these errors and the possibility of corruption in multiple data files. It is important that you verify and document the status of the customer's data before you close their incident.
If a customer contacts you with any of the following issues related to this error, review the company history for any other Pervasive Status Code 2 or 54 errors and then follow steps 1-3 below:
- Lost records in the File Doctor report
- Pervasive Status Code errors in the File Doctor report
- A file could not be fixed in the File Doctor report
To review a customer's File Doctor report, complete the following:
- Instruct the customer to send you a copy of the File Doctor report.
- Verify that all data files for owned applications appear in the File Doctor report. If files are missing, not all files have been checked. Use Installed Base to verify the customer's applications.
- Review the File Doctor report for lost records, additional pervasive status codes, or unfixed files. If you find any of these issues, instruct the customer to complete a full restore from backup and then complete a File Doctor on the restored data. If you do not find any of these issues, verify with a manager or senior analyst that the customer can continue work in the current data.